Just Over The Rainbow
Hello Wally T. Fans,
Let me start with I am so sorry this is a day late! It just tells you how busy my alter ego has been and yep, “Life Gets In The Way!” Also as part of life August is not my favorite month, though many years apart I still lost both of my parents in August. Mother 6th and the Father 16th. So this week’s picture is a remembrance as I miss them both greatly but I know they are both Just Over The Rainbow.
Well I do not have an audiobook completed yet but working on Island of the Lost. This is actually a true story about an island and a pair of shipwrecks. I will have it ready next BLOG.
In place of the normal Audio Book Review, I am going to give what I call a reverse review here. A review from the Author. Some of you may have seen my shorter version posted on Facebook this past week and I will expand on that post.
In the grand scheme of things, I am an unknown author like many, many, others. I am also an Amazon exclusive author so this means that somedays I have book sales and somedays I don’t. On Amazon Kindle my readers are up and down. Again somedays I will have 100 or more pages read and other days not a single page turned. Like most of us small fry, I watch the ticker and you can see, are they reading /buying a particular book or is it a mix. Sometimes the numbers are funky as you may have more than a single reader in the same book or across the collection. So the author has questions are they reading the entire book or are they reading a short section and moving on and it is just another reader doing the same, making it look like a full reading.
Sometimes if you click in and view at the right point you can see that you have a single reader on a particular book. I say this because you know the page count for the book. I like it when this happens because it gives me a feel for the reader. Just the other day I clicked in and spotted activity in the new book Times Castaway. What I found the most exciting and satisfying is this reader was like my beta readers and a few others that I have spoken with since the release. These readers going cover to cover in a single day. Very few of us are pulled in so solidly to finish a book of this size in a day. As I said this is satisfying because it tells me people are enjoying this book when they start reading it.
I don’t look to get rich writing stories (Thought it would be nice) but the reward is knowing I brought some pleasure to someone and helped them escape to a different place for a short while. For me this is what reading stories is all about.
“It does me heart good to see that when peeps do read this new tale, they enjoy it enough that they don’t want to put it down.”
Now as the author I do not expect everyone to take the time to write a review. However it doesn’t take but a single heartbeat to leave that Star Rating. So on behalf of all authors and myself, We took the time to write a tale to entertain you, please be kind and leave that rating. It is normally two simple clicks.
Thank you to my readers and until next week, enjoy the start of August!
Wally T.
#wallytyoung #selfpublished #Audiobooks #bookreviews #Newbookrelease #Kindle #audible #booksigning #Indieauthor #alternatehistroy #Newsletter #timetravel #blackflag #Timescastaway #blackbeard #starratings

Comments
Post a Comment