The Immortal Sword Second Screening


 Hello Me Mates,

This past week saw yet another steady week with the day job and a couple friends losing family members unexpectedly. I offer my condolences to them and yet again a reminder to always make use of the time we have together and don’t put off till tomorrow what you can do today. 

Like always for most book’s sales are down this month and this is very common as July is considered a bad month for book sales. People like us are busy enjoying outside activities and even though many are still reading, history and studies show the amount is way lower in July and August. Hey, I still have sales so I consider this a good thing. 

I am continuing to work on book two of Times Castaway. As I make this run through where I clean up sentence structure and wordings I find even myself pulled in making it difficult at times as my mind begins to wander and things get added. Well that is writing, let the adventure continue. 

Alright let’s get to the title for this week’s BLOG The Immortal Sword second screening. 

This past week I was honored to be once again to be invited to see an updated edited version of Pirates of the Caribbean The Immortal Sword. As I mentioned in the first viewing this is a Fan created film produced by Odin Sparrow an excellent Jack Sparrow impersonator. Odin and his mates have poured their heart and soul into this production funding it fully out of his own pocket and donated time by others. The goal of these pirates is to hopefully have the producers of this franchise pick up the story and create a full-fledged version. As I mentioned in my first review / critique this is a story that takes place before the Curse of the Black Pearl.

The first time my wife and I took in the viewing in St Augustine at the Colonial Quarter on a canvas screen, which was a great venue for the theme but picture quality and with a loud band playing in the bar next door sound was an issue at times. (Still it was a great time and all enjoyed!) This time my wonderful wife was not feeling well, so our oldest son Caden took in the viewing this time with me. This time we were in a proper venue, Aloma Cinema in Winter Park Florida. Great theater as everyone has their own cocktail table and they serve drinks and food at a price that beats the big theaters. However this is not what we are talking about. 

The version we saw this time had some edits removing unneeded scenes to help build a story and adventure that flows more smoothly and professionally. Also being in the enclosed theater environment on a big screen it was much easier to follow the story. About the story: This is a compelling tale with excellent progression where we all learn how Jack moves from an honest soul closer to being the pirate he becomes. He finds that making the choice good for others is not always good for you and vise a versa. 

The acting for a fan film is extremely good with a couple people in my opinion missing their calling as they were better than many so called actors in the mainstream movies today. The star Odin portrays a great version of Jack in this movie. His Jack Sparrow is not as over the top whacked out like the Jack we see later. I feel this is perfect and fitting as in this he shows signs of the insane pirate but still anchored in the real world. 

In closing I look forward to the next version that will have more sections hit the edit room floor moving the tale into a smoother adventure that ramps up to a great ending that I do love. 

Well maties as Jack Sparrow says, “take what you can, give nothing back! So until next week,

Wally T.


#wallytyoung #selfpublished #Audiobooks #bookreviews #Newbookrelease #Kindle #audible #booksigning #Indieauthor #alternatehistroy #Newsletter  #timetravel #blackflag #Timescastaway #blackbeard #piratesofthecaribbean #theimmortalsword

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Immortal Sword

The Rattler & Anniversary