Immortal Sword


 Hello Me Maties,

This past week was spent continuing to promote the new book Times Castaway Book One Blackbeard’s Treasure. I am pleased to say that this book has had readers/listeners every single day for over a week now. Just need to keep it going! 

I have to apologize as I still have not finished the audiobook Argentia Station yet. Just didn’t get the listening time I needed. BUT!!!! This is not to say that I don’t have a REVIEW for you! My wife Debbie and I were invited to attend the premier screening for a fan made movie PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN – THE IMMORTAL SWORD. In short this is the tale of why Jack Sparrow already knows Davey Jones etc. This is about events that took place prior to the first movie Curse of the Black Pearl. The setting for our viewing was in St. Augustine FL, located in the Colonial Quarter directly across from the old Spanish Fort, our screen an olde canvas style. Truly fitting! 

This as a ZERO budget filming as per restrictions they couldn’t even take cash donation to help with filming. This means all expenses were out of the production teams personal pockets. The actors all donated their time putting their heart and soul into this production and it shows! Were all the actresses and actors great or perfect, no! But they were still over all better than some of the garbage I have seen from the big production houses lately. This viewing is what, I will call a director’s cut. I say this because it contained parts that would normally be cut for a smoother flow but the production team wanted to make sure everyone that acted had at least one of their parts in the premier. Good for you gang! As for the actual production, a large part of the filming was high end quality with excellent lighting and some very nice professional camera angles. The audio was alright and yes needs some tweaking here and there and the music and FX sound bed is a bit hot/soft at times but I have to consider they didn’t get to mix this in a theater setting like the way a big production is done. 

Overall in closing the story was GREAT, and I only wish we hadn’t had to listen to the live band in the next area behind us that was too loud and sorry to say from my audio engineer background Awful! I would love to see this same production in an enclosed setting to avoid distractions. This fan based movie was fun, engaging, and well worth the effort. Let’s all get behind them so that hopefully they can get the producers for that franchise to pick this story up giving us the fans of the franchise a full high end production. BRAVO!!! (Hopefully this also explains the picture for this week!)

Well mates have a great week and keep watching my Facebook for some news flashes as things unfold for the new book! 

Have a good week,

Wally T.

 

#wallytyoung #selfpublished #Audiobooks #bookreviews #PiratesoftheCaribbean #Newbookrelease #Kindle #audible #booksigning #Indieauthor #alternatehistroy #Newsletter  #timetravel #Giveaway #Timescastaway #blackbeard #argentiastation

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rattler & Anniversary

The Immortal Sword Second Screening