The Rattler & Anniversary


 Howdy,

 

Well this week we will officially say goodbye to Summer. This means cooler weather is on the way. For us here in the south this is a good thing as we will return to great temps and hopefully dryer sky’s. For those in the north get that winter coat out and check your car battery for cold cranking and all the other things required to prep for winter.

 

Besides the end of Summer this week Monday also brings another anniversary for Deb and I. Monday the 21st we hit 27 years since we said, “I DO!” I will not sugar coat it as it has not always been smooth sailing and like any relationship we have hit bumps and potholes in the road but my wife is still my best friend and the love of my life. We will keep moving forward, Love you Deb! (See picture for from the Wedding and inset bellow the reception.)

 


I know everyone is waiting on my Audio book review but I am going to make a quick note on Times Castaway Blackbeard’s Treasure first. This past week the book saw another 4 out of 5 star rating with a great review posted on Goodreads. 

This was such an interesting story! 
It is written as journal entries, so that’s good to remember since much of it is a recounting of events. 
I enjoyed the adventures and the way the author imagined the early life and times of some of the most dangerous pirates in history. 
It’s a fairly easy read so if you’ve got the time you could finish it in a weekend.

 

Looking forward to keeping this series growing in exposure as book two is now with the editor for round one of edits.

 

Ok, ok I have the review for the audio book version of  THE RATTLER! This eight and a half hour listen is book one of a trilogy authored by Ryan Berridge and narrated by Charles Robert Fox. I will address the narration first. As an audio engineer that used to record voice overs I found this very well done. The sound levels were spot on and his performance was perfect. I very much enjoyed his character voices. I could go on but this is about book, but. I will say I think I will select some future books based on what he Charles has completed in the past. 

 

This story was about a very naive young boy named Sam. Sam was what we call now days shanghaied by some truly brutal pirates to fill their crew. Through a string of events Sam finds his way while making some allies and even friends with certain members of the crew. At first I felt the story was going nowhere as there was a lot of world building but I hung in there and was very pleased I did. This book turned out to be one of the few that has me wanting to listen to the next in the series RIGHT NOW! Thank you to Ryan for a gripping story and Charles for providing the right live tone to tell it. Looking forward to book two.   

 

The updated website continues to have a positive result with a new update currently active now. Thank you! Be sure to check it out and keep visiting, “OR” better idea, sign up for email News updates. I don’t blow up peeps email as I only send out when there is updates or news flashes. https://wallytyoung.com

 

Also I have some more great news! My Books Inanna Swynford – Pirate Hunter & Times Castaway are now available in print at Skull N Bones VR in Cocoa Beach. Besides this being a Veteran owned business and an instructor for my alma mater Full Sail this place is really cool. They have used books for sale and they support local authors by selling their new books. Also on the third Friday of the month they hold a live author signing event. What great support! This place also has a full action VR with tons of options to play or participate. Like a VR escape room. How neat is that! If you are local or going to visit the Cocoa Beach area stop in for some fun! 

 

Until next week my friends, 

Wally

 

#wallytyoung #selfpublished #Audiobooks #bookreviews #Newbookrelease #Kindle #audible #booksigning #Indieauthor #alternatehistroy #timetravel #blackflag #castaway #blackbeard #starratings #Shipwrecked #therattler #historicalfiction #treasurehunting #VR #Skullnbonesvr

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Immortal Sword

The Immortal Sword Second Screening