The Convicts
Hello Everyone,
With everything going on around the country from smoke issues in the north because of the Canadian forest fires, to the Sahara Dust coating those of us in the south, I certainly hope everyone is doing good!
This past week found me busy once again traveling up to Jacksonville to help out with a large dinner Gala. Multiple Congressional Reps and a Senator and past senators & Reps were all in attendance so needless to say security was everywhere you looked. Either way the event went off very smooth and successfully. As it should! This week’s pic is one I snapped of the stage during sound check but unfortunate the Red-White-Blue backlights were not on when I snapped the shot!
This week with all the drivetime I finished the audio book I was listening to, The Convicts by Iain Lawrence. This is the second book I have enjoyed from this author and I would say I will take in some more of his titles down the road.
The Convicts was narrated by John Keating who did an excellent job with multiple character voicings and keeping a steady smooth flowing dialogue. The story follows Tom Tin a sheltered young lad who after his father is hauled away to debtors prison heads out on his own. Tom is out to find a way to support his mother and payoff the debt to free his father. Like any good tale Tom has the worst stroke of luck with one situation leading to another and to another with each progressively becoming worse than the prior. It seems multiple people think he is someone else and he eventually finds himself hauled off to a ship filled with youth criminals to serve his time. His streak of bad luck doesn’t end there! Needless to say I am not going to give away the ending so I suggest you check this one out and enjoy a tale that so many of us can relate. It always seems when one things goes wrong, everything goes wrong.
Thank you Ian for yet another enjoyable tale.
Stay safe and have an excellent week,
Wally T.
#wallytyoung #selfpublished #Audiobooks #bookreviews #Newbookrelease #Kindle #audible #booksigning #Indieauthor #alternatehistroy #Newsletter #timetravel #blackflag #Timescastaway #blackbeard #pirates #Theconvicts #Ianlawrence

Comments
Post a Comment