Grace O'Malley: The Pirate Queen
A hardy Hey there ho there,
I will start with; it was cool seeing the Orion splash down in the Pacific after watching it launch from the front yard. I am pleased to see that they had a successful and safe journey.
Over this past week I have been getting things ready for my first book signing, like table display’s and that sort of stuff. (See info below). This week’s picture was take while I did a short video reading from the new book. This video has been posted on my Facebook and TicTok. Another will follow soon.
This past week I did finish another audiobook and here is my review of Grace O’Malley: The Pirate Queen of Ireland. This is actually a Biography Non-Fiction book. I select these from time to time as I like learning things. This book was authored by History Nerds, a group of historians based in Ireland. The narration was provided by Ailish Jeffers who did an excellent job making it sound more like a story then a history lesson.
This book does more then cover Grace O’Malley; it give you the family history along with the historical background of the Irish Clans and their issues over the years prior to Grace. Grace was a definite oddity for the day and age. I have to say as I listened and learned the title of Pirate is somewhat appropriate as it seemed most of the clans were always raiding each other for one thing or another. More like a way of life! In all truth she was more of a military leader protecting her lands.
Now what was really crazy interesting was that as I was listening at one point I was having Deja vu. Then it hit me, they were describing a section of another book I listen to a short bit ago, “Night of The Armada” that I very much liked. Now that story was not about Gracy and was a fictional tale. However the part about Grace and her involvement was based in fact. I had no idea, now I do!
Well in closing this was a good informative tale that gives you a true sense of the world in the late 1500’s. Good Job!
If you are local don’t forget that I will be taking part in our local writers festival at Cocoa Village next Saturday. I will be located at the Antilles Trading Company Pirate Museum and Store. I would love to see you. Hint the paperback online is $14.95. at the signing $10 with my autograph! Follow this link for more information. Cocoa Village Book Fest
I am also planning if everything goes right this week to have another announcement for the next BLOG.
Till then have a great week!
Wally T.
If you are not already signed up click the link to get notifications on future news and events. Just Click Here!!
#wallytyoung #selfpublished #Audiobooks #bookreviews #Pirates #Newbookrelease #Kindle #audible #booksigning #Indieauthor #alternatehistroy #Newsletter #timetravel

Comments
Post a Comment