Musical Family
Greetings My Loyal Fans,
This past week has been, well, slow! Spring Break is in full swing here in Florida so my alter ego had only a small audiovisual job early in the week. Most corporations do not book large events this time of year as a ton of peeps are on vacation. They did roll out the Artimis II rocket back to the pad so at the moment the moon rocket is scheduled to launch April 1st! My alter ego will be handling a media event for this launch so fingers crossed. As I said last week, I started a new audiobook Anachronist: A Time Travel Adventure. As I listen mostly while driving and with not being on the road much this week I am still working on it. I hope to have it completed for next week and give you my thoughts.
Since I do not have a book to review I will chat a little about our family history that will explain this week’s picture. You see I come from a family with a strong musical history on my mother’s side. I know that my great aunt co-composed some music that was published in the early 1900’s. The title was Moon Kissed and I have the print in my files somewhere. My grandmother played violin and now her great grandchild our son has that violin after we restored it. So he now owns a violin that is over a hundred years old. On to my mother who was a vocal major. Growing up she sang and performed on the radio during the Second world war doing Shirley Temple stuff. After graduating Miami U she became a music teacher until she retired in the late 80’s. The professional singer career was just not what she wanted. Side note it is because of my great Aunt that my parents even met. That is a different story!
Now the picture is of our two sons and I during that Covid year. We made a jam video that you can find on my YouTube.We used to play together, I played with our youngest Logan when he first started and we performed a few times for his school talent show and he was the star! Our oldest Caden the violin / strings player and I used to play on the back patio when we lived in Titusville and the neighbors would come out to listen. I miss those days. I will say it has now been almost two years since I played seriously. I have picked up the guitar here and there for like five minutes. I know it is sad but I just don’t have anyone to jam with as neither boy play’s anymore either. I was never a great player but what is truly sad is that both of our boys have extreme talent and are wasting it. Both could have and still could go pro.
Well enough reminiscing about family and old times. Everyone stay safe and see you next week.
Wally T.
If you are not already signed up click the link to get notifications on future news and events. Just Click Here!!
#wallytyoung #selfpublished #Audiobooks #bookreviews #Pirates #Newbookrelease #Kindle #audible #music #Indieauthor #alternatehistroy #Newsletter

Comments
Post a Comment