Fifty Degrees South
Hello Everyone,
This week’s picture is from an event that my alter ego took care of this past week. Included setting and engineering a larger conference that I took the helm for the audio duties. I set up and balanced eleven mic’s but in the end we only used seven. In respect to running sound for bands etc this was small fry but still the largest mix I have run in a while. All went very smooth and my assistant who we thought would have the video operation, but the client had it covered was still a big help. It brought back some of my memories working in the studios and of some of the really large events I handled years ago in Chicago and Las Vagas. I miss those days!
Over the past week we also were finally able to gather all of the clan to celebrate our oldest sons 24th B day. Good meal, good times, and our favorite server, Juan!
Now also this past week I was able to take in a great audiobook! Fifty Degrees South, by M. M. Holt. I truly loved this story! You are pulled into the life of a ship’s captain dealing with his loyalties. Everything from duty to Country, Ship & Crew, Love, and the right thing. This book takes place during the Napoleonic era and was described as Master and Commander meets Star Trek, that statement is pretty spot on. The adventure starts from word one and keeps a nonstop roll with ship battles, both earthbound and with alien air ships, until the very satisfying ending. This book was performed by narrator David McCallion, and I say performed because that is what it was, a great performance. David pulls you right in with the best character voicings I have heard to date and super on spot accents. I cannot picture this one being voiced by anyone else. Great job! In closing I give this five hour long listen FIVE STARS ACROSS THE BOARD! Thank you M. M. Holt!
Now a little NEWS FLASH! The last book in the Project Umschreiben series The Sparrows’ Revenge, audiobook is now completed. This book is special not only because it brought my first series to a close but because of the cover picture. You see the cover is of a very dear friend that we lost a short time before this book released and he is still to this day the only actual person that I designed the look of character from. Right down to the arm tattoo. Needless to say this is a key player in the books. If you haven’t already, be sure to take in the audio versions as you can now go from book one to book six!
If you haven’t already, be sure to take advantage of the Kindle / Amazon ninety-nine cent sale currently running for my latest book Inanna Swynford. Sale ends on March 10th. Hint, Even if you are not going to read it now, get it at the cheap price for your library!
That is it for now and I have no idea what my next audiobook will be as I have not picked one yet. Have a great week!
Wally T.
If you are not already signed up click the link to get notifications on future news and events. Just Click Here!!
#wallytyoung #selfpublished #Audiobooks #bookreviews #Pirates #Newbookrelease #Kindle #audible #virtualvoice #Indieauthor #alternatehistroy #Newsletter #fiftydegreesouth

Comments
Post a Comment