Bahamas Cruise

 

Ahoy Me Maties,

First, SORRY this is a touch late.

Let’s start with the major accomplishment of one year of a weekly BLOG under my belt. The first week was Feb 18th2025. Seems like I just started it a few weeks ago. I went from zero to a steady building group of weekly viewers. Thanks for joining me each week my loyal fans! In this week’s Blog I will tell you all about our latest cruise vacation and next week I will have a new Audiobook review for you.
Where do I start, ohh yeah, WOW WHAT A GREAT TIME! (Much needed!) For starters Carnival was hit with a major IT issue that brought down their system and a couple other cruise lines. This meant our debarkation day was a bit hectic but really they handled it at Port Canaveral very smoothly. We were about four hours late boarding from our assigned time but when we did start boarding it was quick and smooth. Still after boarding their main internal system were down so anything that was server based including internet. Except for the fact that our drink orders were made by hand you couldn’t tell! Good Job Canaveral Carnival gang!

During this cruise we were aboard the Carnival Freedom for our third time and let me tell you the ship went through a refit since our last time and boy does it look nice. We also had a forward window room that was very nice and zero complaints. Outside our room was an observation deck that truthfully most people don’t even know is there. At night it is pitch dark as it is not lighted because of the ships bridge for navigation, so when we stepped out at night you could see the sky wonderfully. One evening when Deb and I stepped out we cruised through a fog bank. How eerie that was! It came in fast out of nowhere and gone just as fast.

Now let’s talk about the crew. They were all great and very friendly and upbeat even after having to deal with the IT issue. The cruise director Todd or better known as T O Double D on the M I C, was over the top excellent. Talk about Fun and filled with energy, I don’t think even as a six year old I ever had the amount of energy he does in a single day. Plus he was everywhere all the time. The cruise directors for our past trips were good but nothing like this man. (You will see in the pictures) Besides Todd the Fun Squad was super great, I cannot name them all but DJ Jolly (His real name) & Brook & Pat were so much fun! Part of this fun was for the first time we took in some of the shows and participated in Trivia and the different games. Man what fun and like always we even met some new friends.

Our first stop was Celebration Key Carnival’s private water park and to tell the truth we didn’t really expect much here as the waterpark isn’t really our thing but!!!!! We were fooled! A nice festive parade and many straw market like gift stores and nice water side bars if you want a beverage and it doesn’t have to be alcoholic. It was a very nice stop for us.

The second stop was my favorite Nassau, where Deb and I dressed the part, as you can tell in the picture. We also finally made it to the Pirates of Nassau Museum. Now this was very nice with some excellent displays with some good reading about the history. Now I was disappointed slightly as I thought there would be more actual relics but it wasn’t filled with them like other museums of this type normally are. No big deal. Now across the street from their is a beautiful cathedral with a large original pipe organ. Wow! After that we went to the Pirate Republic tavern on Woodes Rogers Walk and enjoyed a flight of ale. Then strolled the new cruise port plaza, picked up a fifth of me favorite John Watlings rum and returned to the ship.

The third stop was Carnival’s private beach island called Half Moon Cay. Only our son Logan and his girlfriend went ashore here. Deb and I stayed aboard the ship as you need to take a water shuttle over currently and we are not really the type to just spend the day laying on the beach. They are building a pier to allow the ships to dock, so it is growing still.

Then we had a day at sea and just enjoyed and enjoy we did. Also on this round we bought the newer drink package called Zero Proof. We enjoyed this as it covers all you can drink nonalcoholic beverages like Foo Foo Coffee’s, Shakes, Sodas, Waters, and the almighty Mocktails. I loved one they had called On The Water. It was a watermelon flavored drink. Not too sweet and not too much citrus. Perfect.

Then the trip had to come to an end and disembarkation was very smooth. Now all we need to do is book our next adventure!

Well gang, that is about all so if you are not already be sure to click the link and follow along for future BLOG reviews. Just Click Here!!

Have a great week!

Wally T.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Immortal Sword

The Rattler & Anniversary

The Immortal Sword Second Screening