InfoComm 2025
Hello Everyone,
First I want to say it is sad what is happening in our nation and around the world currently. In all truth it brings back memories of my youth as it is like the 70’s all over again. Except the music now days isn’t even close to as good as back then.
As for an audio book review I am still working on the Pirates of Aletharia, almost done so a review next week!
Now this past week I filled a bucket list item! Since I entered the Audio Recording and Production world back in 1989 I have always wanted to attend the NAMM show and InfoComm. This past week I attended InfoComm in Orlando at the Orange County Convention center. Wow that place is big! I know, I walked it from end to end at least a dozen times as we had scheduled meetings at certain vendors and then we would wander on our own, but when we would link back up we were always opposite ends. For those who do not know InfoComm is a convention showing and displaying cutting edge equipment for Audio Visual, Live Events, and Concerts, plus plus. See Pics below.
Since my alter ego is an Audio Visual Director I was very focused on the technology related to Hotel and Live Events. There were tons of LED Walls, some were ok while others were pure WOW. Another area is live sound, I have been involved with this for over thirty years now and it is amazing how these systems now have better sound quality and a much smaller footprint, plus lightweight. No more breaking your back. Also the video broadcast systems are so advanced now for even the average user. The one part I do not like is the AI involvement. Yes AI does help in some areas, like faster tracking camera / video or audio correction on the fly. The bad part is some of the things AI is replacing is US, as in humans. Thus eliminating jobs. Star Trek type life where you don’t have to earn money better get here fast. I digress; the event was great as I was able to meet many other people from the company I work for who also were attending along with the different vendors. Another highpoint was seeing an old friend who hired me for my first Audio Visual Tech position, decades ago. He was attending and we have not seen each other in 20 years. Good seeing you Dennis.
Other than this my week was focused on company business so not much in the author area. Darn Day Jobs!!!
Let us hope the world gets better and have a great week,
Wally T.
Not Sure why but the program will not let me upload the Pictures. Pop over to my website https://wallytyoung.com/ to view the pic's.
#wallytyoung #Timetravel #selfpublished #Audiovisual #infocomm
Comments
Post a Comment